Earth Material Sealants
EMS for dust control and soil stabilization, waterproofing agent
- Initial solubility of KF-D with water is 100%.
- Final hardened product is insoluble even in acid or salt water.
- Completely reduces bubbling of the standard mixture.
- Hardening time is adjustable.
- KF-D does not affect the environment.
- The application of KF-D using injection or sorption treatment creates a chemically altered structure with increased density and reduced hydraulic conductivity.
Uses Of KF-D
- Improves density and impermeability of soil or severely deteriorated structures. KF-D added to standard EMS mixes can be used for injections under or into sinkholes, foundations, tunnels, dams, wet and polluted soils, etc.
- Strengthens the standard EMS formula and increases waterproofing.
- Improves binding with standard concrete fillers and particles of soil.
- Applicable as a dust controlling premix.
Add 5.5 Lbs of KF-D per 200 Lbs of cement or 2.5 Kg of KF-D per 100 Kg of cement to EMS and mix for 10 min.
Add pure water to produce a water to cement ratio of 0.38.
Mix for 5 minutes and unload into the hopper of pump station.
Apply mix through injectors into the targeted damaged areas.
The KF-D and EMS premix can be poured onto soils with or without subsequently mixing with the soil for stabilization and waterproofing of soaked areas.
Technical Data Of KF-D Premixed With EMS
|Final hardening is adjustable from||10 to 40 minutes.|
|Minimum temperature on site is||– 15C or 5F|
|Slump||2.5 cm or 1″|
|Shinkage||300 micro strain|
|Compressive Strength after 3 days||21 MPa/3000 PSI|
|Compressive Strength after 7 days||30 MPa/4260 PSI|
|Reduction of hydraulic conductivity||80%|
Compaction Of Treated Specimens
|Specimens||Untreated, %||Treated, %|
|Brown Clay Sand||86||97|
|Gravel & Sand||79||96|